The Shallowbag Bay Club is located on Roanoke Island in the Outer Banks of NC. This premier marina front community is in the town of Manteo, which is the mirrored sister town of Biddeford, England.
The property overlooks Shallowbag Bay. The bay opens into the Roanoke Sound to the south and the Albemarle Sound to the north. Condo units have covered porches which overlook the water. Guests may enjoy relaxing and dining on the deck while watching the boats, the waterfowl and the occasional school of porpoise surfacing in the bay.
The onsite Clubhouse offers a gym, pool and hotub as well as a pool and ping pong table.
Shallowbag Bay Club is the perfect vacation spot for the entire family with a wide variety of activities within walking and biking distance of the resort. A day at the beach is only a short 10 minute drive away.
Guests will enjoy dining on site at Striper’s Bar and Grill. This water view restaurant offers an exceptional dining experience as the menu includes steak, pasta, seafood and daily specials including the “catch of the day” from local fishermen.
Vacationers can enjoy paddle boarding, kayaking, boating and jet skiing. Dolphin tours and Parasailing adventures embark on site.
Couples can enjoy a leisurely stroll on the sidewalks leading to Downtown Manteo. Here, they will discover quaint antique and novelty stores, art galleries and several eclectic restaurants. As well, the historic Manteo Lighthouse is a delightful attraction standing over Shallowbag Bay on the edge of town.
Other must see attractions include: the beautiful Elizabethan Gardens, the Lost Colony Theatre and the NC Aquarium. All of these spectacular locations are just minutes from Shallowbag Bay Club.
Directions to Shallowbag Bay Club OBX from the North
- Take RT 13 south down the Eastern Shore, cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel into Virginia Beach.
- Follow the signs to I-64 East. Take exit 291 B, then immediately bear left onto HWY 168.
- Keep following HWY 168, which will turn into HWY 158 at Barco, NC.
- After crossing the Wright Memorial Bridge onto the Outer Banks follow HWY 158 for approximately 17 miles where the road splits (at Whalebone Junction).
- Bear right onto US 64/264.
- You will go over a small bridge, then a larger bridge over the Roanoke Sound.
- Continue to follow 64/264 into Manteo.
- Turn right at the CVS. Travel 1/2 mile, watch for Shallowbag Bay Club entrance which is between McDonald's and Darrell's Restaurant.